Montpellier - France
Delphine MURIAUX-Cyril FAVARD / Membrane Domains and Viral Assembly
We are studying the molecular and cellular mechanisms involved in virus-lipids interactions during viral assembly and cell to cell transmission, using interdisciplinary approaches.
The spatio-temporal evolution of lipid-virus assembly in living cells (i.e. membrane domain generation by viral protein and cortical actin dynamic variation upon viral infection) has not yet been fully described at the molecular level. We aim at characterizing the respective roles of viral proteins and host-cell lipids or sub-plasma membrane constituents (such as cortical actin cytoskeleton) in the establishment of cooperative nanodomains at the plasma membrane during the assembly of enveloped viruses affecting human beings (HIV-1 and influenza H1N1 viruses).
Team Leaders : Delphine Muriaux & Cyril Favard
- Delphine Muriaux – Principal Investigator, CNRS, Virology.
- Cyril Favard – Co-Principal Investigator, CNRS, Biophysics.
- Peggy Merida - Lab manager, Cell Biology
- Shantoshini Dash - Ph.D. Student CBS2 Montpellier, Infectiopôle Sud.
- Kaushik Inamdar - Ph.D. student CBS2 Montpellier, ANRS
- Elise Boilley - Master 2 EPHE Paris Sorbonne
- Salma Guerfallah - Master 2 Biologie Santé Montpellier, GDR ImaBio
- Aurore de Poret - Engineer School Master ENSAIA 3ème année
Tél : +33 434 359 463 / +33 434 359 464
Since we have started the team in 2012, two Ph.D. thesis has been defended in the lab. We are welcoming masters, Ph.Ds and postdocs originating from different fields such as Physics, Biology, Computing and Chemistry. Permanent researchers are also welcome to join us.